Passionate about setting high goals and finding solutions? Join our team and help us build a top travel startup!
Like A Local is a travel website and mobile app that features local tips, tours, and activities. Each month, more than 700 000 passionate travellers use it to discover local hotspots and book experiences with local people.
We’ve been recommended by The Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, Mashable, and Condé Nast Traveler. Our biggest markets include around 60 large cities in Europe, North America, and South America. With over 20 000 local contributors in over 600 locations, we’re one of the biggest crowd-sourced travel sites in the local travel niche.
COO, Business & Marketing Strategist
We’re looking for a bright, business-minded COO with a focus on Business & Marketing Strategy to help us grow our revenue and reach new markets. To be more specific, we’re searching for someone who’s as passionate about data as they are about travel.
You’ll be focussing on increasing the number of local tours booked through our platform, analysing our current stats and situation, setting focus destinations, and identifying potential top-selling products for each destination. Your job will involve actively communicating with tour providers across the world and improving our processes with the help of our product team.
We’re building a game-changing global travel community and marketplace, so it’s an especially interesting challenge and quite possibly the experience of a lifetime!
We expect you to:
- Analyse our sales conversions and portfolio of tours and activities in markets across all continents
- Analyse the travel markets of our top destinations and map out potential best-selling tours in these destinations
- Attract passionate new service providers to Like A Local to build presence and correspond to the needs of travellers
- Contribute to improving business processes and the customer journey to maximise sales
- Work together with our product team and customer support towards meeting the same goal
Desired skills and experience:
- Desire to make a difference and an all-in attitude
- Understanding of business processes and data analysis
- Talent for building relationships with partners across various markets and cultures
- Natural leadership skills; you’ll be joining an existing team and working together towards a common goal
- The capability to work independently and make smart decisions
- Basic SEO skills and an understanding of eCommerce is a a plus
What we have to offer:
- Chief Operations Officer position in a small but fun international team
- All the wisdom gained from building a global travel community and marketplace from scratch
- Interesting and challenging work with customers and resellers from around the world
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Results-based share option plan in a growing travel startup
- Office in Tallinn Old Town
If this sounds intriguing and you’re up for the challenge, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +372 5554 2111. Please include your CV or the link to your LinkedIn profile and, instead of a motivation letter, write a few lines about the biggest change you’ve ever initiated in an organisation.
Deadline: The sooner the better 🙂
Also check out: www.likealocalguide.com