Communist Bucharest Day Tour
- Discover communist-era architecture
- Get an insight into the lives of the common people in a neighbourhood built especially for the working class
- Visit the Palace of the Parliament and learn the story behind it
- Explore the Spring Palace – the residence of the notorious Ceausescus
Although almost 30 years have passed since the communist era ended in Romania, its impact can still be seen in most of the country. This is mainly because of mass construction of buildings during that time.
Our day tour will give you an in-depth view of how Romania looked during the Ceausescu regime, both from the perspective of the common people as well as from its ruler.
After picking you up from the reception of your hotel, we’ll visit some of the metro stations built in the communist era. We’ll then visit one of the neighbourhoods built especially for the working class to see how the common people lived.
Our next stop will be the famous Palace of the Parliament, the crown jewel of the communist regime. Find out what inspired Ceausescu to build it, and discover some of his other projects.
Finally, we’ll visit the Ceausescu Residential Palace, also known as the Spring Palace (Palatul Primaverii). You’ll find out how the notorious couple lived and get an insight into their life history.
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entry fees
What‘s not included
- Personal expenses