Communist day-tour in Bucharest
- One-day tour from Bucharest
- Discover the communist architecture in buildings such as the metro station
- Get an insight into the lives of the common people at a neighbourhood built for the working-class
- Visit the Palace of the Parliament and discover the story behind it
- Visit the Spring Palace, the palace where the notorious couple lived
- Transportation by car or minibus
- English speaking guide with Spanish, French and German guides on request
Even though almost 30 years passed since the communist era ended in Romania, its impact can still be seen in most of the country, mainly because of mass construction of buildings from that time. Through our day-tour you will get an in-depth view of how Romania looked during the Ceausescu regime, both from the perspective of the common people as well as from the perspective of its ruler.
The day will start with your pick-up from the hotel reception and we will visit some of the metro stations built in the communist era. From there we will visit one of the neighbourhoods built especially for the working-class in order to see how the common people lived their lives.
Our next stop will be at the famous Palace of the Parliament, the crown jewel of the communist regime. Find out what inspired Ceausescu to build it and where did he get his inspiration from. You will also discover some of his other projects.
The final location to visit is the Ceausescu Residential Palace, also known as the Spring Palace (Palatul Primaverii). Discover how the notorious couple lived their lives and get an insight into their life history.
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
What‘s not included
- personal expenses