Ferestroika - Window to the past
Ferestroika is the first museum of family life in communism.
Visit the apartment of a family that lived there in the 80's and discover fragments from their past with the help of our guide! We offer you a unique and authentic experience based on the Touch-Taste-Learn concept.
Duration: 2 hours
Visit the first private museum of family life in communism
Touch the exhibits! This is something you will not hear in an ordinary museum
Taste homemade snacks and beverages
Discover the past with the help of our historians
Watch interesting footage
Fun challenges and picture opportunities
Ferestroika is a private museum of family life during the communist era, offering you a unique experience based on the Learn-Touch-Taste concept. Visit the apartment of a family that lived there in the 80's and discover fragments from their past with the help of our guide! Touch the exhibits! This is something you will not hear in an ordinary museum. Last but not least, enjoy authentic homemade snacks! The tour lasts for about 2 hours.
What to expect:
- English speaking guide
- Small groups (maximum 6 guests / visit) so you can enjoy a quality experience.
- Room by room visit: Kitchen, Hallway, Pantry, Bedroom, Child room, Bathroom, Living room
- Fun & interactive challenges required in order to progress from one area to another
- Numerous photo opportunities: Unlike any other museum we encourage you to touch and play with our exhibits.
- Working exhibits: watch archive video footage on a vintage TV, listen to music on an old pick-up and many other surprises.
- Homemade snacks (delicacies of the 80`s) & soft beverages – depending on ticket option
- A personalized gift is included.
What’s included & not included
Snacks and beverages
Check availability of the tour:
Old Town (Manuc's Inn), Piata Gorjului