Something special for my husband's birthday?
Something special for my husband's birthday?(6 answers)
My husband's birthday is next week on September 26th. We live in NYC and want to celebrate it in the UK.
Our trip is from September 23 thru 30. We are spending a few nights in London. Then we are taking a train to Bath.
I already have most of the itinerary set as well as tourist-y items. We live in NYC so we promise to be on our best behavior. :) We want to walk everywhere when we visit and will definitely use public transit.
Just a little background:
- We don't have any kids, so we can stay out late
- He is an architect and loves art and design
- He loves food (except he hates fish and mayo)
- He likes those little details no one notices in urban life. He photographs historic and architectural details that people usually walk by.
- We love history. The good, the bad, the ugly.
- He loves a variety of music like Bad Religion, Grateful Dead, Bob Marley, I just introduced him to the English rock band IDLES . He has even met a few people from the UK who love Ween.
- He loves indie craft beer, especially IPA's
So here is what I'm looking for:
- Hidden historic or architectural gems
- Night life (but not bottle service)... a fun place to socialize and meet people.
- I am thinking of taking him to the Bermondsey Beer Mile?
- Also is Dinerama a fun place to hang out at night? I was thinking of taking him there to chill until midnight on Wednesday to celebrate his birthday.