Explore the rare species known as the hipster on this Segway expedition to the island of Södermalm. Known as the hipster, trendy and bohemian part of the city centre, Södermalm is a destination within a destination, not to mention perfect for people watching, partying and second-hand shopping. Ride up hills you would never take on by foot as you discover Södermalm by Segway.
From Old Town, we aim for Fjällgatan - one of the former gallows, today a great city viewpoint. As you take your photos and stretch your legs, we’ll have a few stories to share about the old gallows and what you can see from “the heights of Söder.” Cruise to Vitabergsparken, a popular park for open-air theatre and locals to picnic in, via some of the last odes to the former working class who lived in this area. Red wooden houses, cosy cafés, and grand churches are all characteristic for Södermalm.
Zigzagging through Södermalm, you’ll experience how Segway-friendly the area is with its park paths and smaller roads.
- Guests cannot be under the influence of alcohol or drugs (We have a zero-tolerance policy toward alcohol and drugs. Breathalyser tests may be conducted at the guide’s discretion.)
- All Segway riders should wear comfortable shoes (no high heels)
- Guests must be able to stand comfortably for periods up to & longer than 30 minutes at a time
- We do not recommend any Segway activity for pregnant women
- Age requirement: 12+ years old
- Height requirement: 140 cm (4.59 ft)
- Weight minimum: 40 kg (90 lbs)
-Weight maximum: 120 kg (264 lbs)