Fun at the beginning but faded out
We were in Warsaw for my brother's bachelor party and thought it would be fun to join a pub crawl and see the city as well with locals. The start was very promising at Loko bar where we had two free drinks plus a free shot. However, we spent the least time there as we only had 35 minutes! Nevertheless, we went on to the second bar where they gave us a welcome shot (but watered down) and the vibe was good. However, we had wristbands on from the pub crawl as we were told that we were to get discounted prices at each bar for drinks. Unfortunately, the bar did not give us any discounts. We had one drink there and a shot. Here, we ended up staying for about an hour. The vibe was still good.
Then we finally went on to the third bar which was a longer walk and by this time, things were wearing down and dragging. We finally reached the third bar where there, they had no clue about the pub crawl and again, we didn't get discounts for drinks. We stayed there for about 40 minutes or so, and then we were told we had one more bar and after that a VIP entrance to a club.
Off to the fourth bar, and we walked a little longer by the river bank, and when we reached our destination, we were told that this was the final stop for the crawl. It was an open bar/club on the river bank where there is no entrance but anyone can go to it. Needless to say, it was packed and we couldn't even reach the bar for any drinks. Thus, we decided to call it a night and went on to another club by ourselves.
One note I have to mention, that one of the guides Michael was very good and trying to explain everything to us. They also got bottles of alcohol on the way to the pubs and gave us shots along the way to make up for the lack of discounts/free welcome shots at the bars.
Therefore, to sum up, the three stars are for the following:
- Fun vibe in the beginning
- First bar, Loko, was the best of all due to the drinks we had there
- Fun group as we met many international people
- Got to see a little of the city by foot and at night
- Guide (Michael) was excellent
The knock off of two stars are for the following:
- No bar after the first one knew about the pub crawl
- No discounts at any bar despite we had on the wrist bands
- Too little time at the first bar and stayed too long at the other bars
- Vibe feel dramatically after the second bar
- There was no VIP entrance to a club at the end
• July 02, 2018