Guided Tour of Oskar Schindler’s Enamel Factory
Face the history of Jews living in Krakow, see how people smiled, laughed, and coped with their fate during World War II, and learn more about Oskar Schindler on a sobering tour of his former enamel factory.
Check availability of the tour:
Reviews from travellers (8)
* Second, the tour group was too large for the logistics and delivery. Our group was between 20 and 30 people. The museum venue is broken into small vignettes that can accommodate about 10 people at a time. Therefore, if you were in the back half of the group, you could not see what she was talking about while she was talking. Additionally, she was not microphone/earphone assisted, so many times we simply couldn't hear what she was saying. By they time the back half of the tour progressed up through the material being displayed, we may or may not have remembered (or been able to figure out) what the guide was referencing.
* Thirdly, the museum is chock full of artifacts, photos, letters, interesting presentations - but we were not permitted time to explore it. As soon as the guide was finished talking, she moved us along to the next stop.
And finally, because of the tiny vignette set-up the guide was constantly motioning us out of the way to allow other visitors (unguided) move through the exhibitions. I completely understand that other visitors should be able to move freely through the museum. But I paid for this tour, and I felt like I was a constant inconvenience, always trying to get out of someone else's way.
* Bottom line - this tour needs to be renamed to accurately represent the contents and should be reduced to a MUCH smaller group size.
* Having said all of this - if you are interested in a museum on Krakow's history during the war (NOT Schindler and his factory), it is an interesting museum. It uses an engaging and atmospheric layout and has plenty to look at and experience - on your own.
This operator has 83 reviews for other tours
Saw much of the old Krakow that is on the road less troden that few other tourtists would experience. Gingerbread vodka and dumbling jars one of the many indellible memories. thanks so much, we're still talking about the day some weeks later.
- Full refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before the tour
- Instantly confirmed
- No booking fees
- Pay by credit card or PayPal
Tour operated by: Discover Cracow